Nothing beats homemade sauces! This version of tomato sauce with cricket powder doesn't only taste great, it also gives a protein boost to your meals.
Get your own cricket powder here!
- 50 g Naak cricket powder
- 350 g water
- 1 can (796ml) diced tomatoes (in their juice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp harissa spice mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes, cricket powder and harissa spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Taste test and adjust seasoning if needed.
Leave a comment (all fields required)