Warm up your winter with this delicious cricket powder chipotle chili. This meal is full of nutritious ingredients, to provide long lasting and sustainable fuel. Whether you are an elite endurance athlete or a small aventurer, share it with your friends and family! This recipe makes 6-8 portions.
Get your own cricket powder here! It is Canada made !
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tbsp cricket powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 bay leave
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups green lentils, raw and rinsed
- 1 29oz can tomato sauce
- 1 29oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 24oz jar roasted red peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, and sauté the onions, carrots, and pepper until the onions have softened.
- Add the garlic, spices, bay leaf and cricket powder, and continue to sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce and lentils. Bring to a boil, and then let it simmer for 30 minutes (or until the lentils are soft and cooked).
- Add the black beans, corn, roasted red peppers, honey and Tabasco, and continue to cook for another 30 minutes.
Leave a comment (all fields required)